The Bouras Bulletin

Sunday saw two huge matches in the Premier League. Manchester United kept up their seven-point lead ahead of local rivals Manchester City with a 2-1 win over Liverpool at Old Trafford.

Robin van Persie turned in Ashley Young’s low cross in the first half and his free-kick was turned in by Nemanja Vidic to make it 2-0 before Liverpool mounted somewhat of a comeback.

Daniel Sturridge scored on the league debut and the visitors pressed for an equaliser that wouldn’t come for the rest of the second half.

Manchester City took on Arsenal in the day’s second game at the Emirates Stadium.

Laurent Koscielny was sent off for holding on to Edin Dzeko in the penalty area and although the City striker missed the resulting spot-kick he saw teammate James Milner put City ahead before turning in after Szczesny saved from Carlos Tevez.

Vincent Kompany was also sent off late on for a dangerous tackle but Arsenal were unable to capitalise and the game finished 2-0.

On Saturday, Chelsea attempts to keep up the pressure on the top two continued in a comfortable 4-0 win over Stoke.

Saracens and Harlequins maintained their positions at the top of their pools in the Heineken Cup, qualifying for the quarter-finals.

Saracens trailed by ten points at half time to Racing Metro but restricted their opponents to three points in the second half and mounted a great comeback, with Owen Farrell kicking a Heineken Cup record ten penalties on the way to a 37-28 win.

Harlequins kept up their 100% record in the competition, beating Connacht 47-8 at the Stoop. They notched up six tries on the way to a 47-8 win.

Ospreys drew 15-15 with Leicester to give the advantage to the English side in the race to qualify from the group, Exeter lost 46-3 to Clermont Auvergne and Cardiff went down 45-25 at Toulon.

Scott Waites beat Tony O’Shea 7-1 to win the BDO World Darts Championship for the first time in his career.

Waites never let his opponent into the match and raced into an early lead. He was 5-0 before O’Shea got a set on the board and he maintained his composure to win the remaining two sets that were required.

The defeat was O’Shea’s third in World Championship finals, having previously lost to Ted Hankey in 2009 and Christian Kist in last year’s final.

The Masters snooker got underway yesterday, with Neil Robertson beating Ding Junhui 6-5, having trailed 5-3.

In the day’s other match, Mark Allen beat Mark Davis 6-2 to progress to the quarter-final.