Who? Where? Why? How? When?
CVM is a movement. It is made up of thousands of men who believe the message of Jesus is true, relevant and much needed in the UK today. CVM exists to serve the local church to engage with men in every village, town and city in this country. The movement is a faithful reaction to the significant number of men who have walked away from the Christian church during the last 30 years.
CVM supports and equips anyone who believes the Christian message can still radically change people’s lives today. The movement is accessible to men from every background, church and culture. CVM employs specialist Christian communicators operating in sport, the work place, Asian culture, sub-cultures, minority groups and beyond. If you would like to see more men in your local church, drop us a line.
We are stacked full of resources, ideas and contacts, as well as having an extensive knowledge of the best curry houses in the UK.
We are based in the heart of the UK - Chesterfield! However, we travel the whole of the country for a good fry-up and to speak to men about Jesus. The CVM ethos is for local men to reach local men. We believe that your village, town or city is your responsibility and so our job is to serve the local leadership invisibly, at work or at church. As Bill Hybels says, 'The local church is the hope of the Nation” - so we want to equip you, the local church. We equip church leaders and anyone interested in men’s ministry with top of the range resources.
Why a ministry for men and men alone? And why do we encourage men to do stuff on their own as groups of guys? Are we sexist? Are we encouraging gender division? To get a detailed answer, please click here to read more.
The CVM team is always available but we do get booked up many months in advance, especially on Saturdays. However, we will always come if we are free. Pick up the phone now or drop us an email to meet with us. We would love to help you share the message of Jesus with the guys in your community.
What we believe
Statement of Faith
- God is the Creator of everyone and the Father of all who believe in the Lord Jesus.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, Redeemer and the one Mediator between God and Man.
- Faith in Christ as the only means of forgiveness and salvation.
- God the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of life is active in the Church today.
- The fact of sin, and the necessity for the Atonement.The incarnation, Death, Resurrection, Ascension and Coming Again of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for faith and living.
Don't Know Jesus?
The following organisations do a great job of helping you find out more about Jesus. Go to their sites now and get to know the Son of God for yourself: